Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Wednesday

A Wednesday, the film not only mirrored the times, but also the feeling and mental termoil and irritation of an everyday man in these relatively dark and mindless times of terrorism in the most subtle and stategically imagined way possible. It gives an effective message in the most implicit way. It evokes action and not just a justification of an action, which is what one is accustomed to. Righteous anger was never so deeply singnified before...I think. I love the film. The script seemed to me to be the outward expression of my inward thoughts. Even though the climax offers an element of surprise, which remains intact and in sync with the cinematography, the realisation of that element does not issue out of nowhere but is very much entwined with the understanding which is not instant, but very recognisable and basic.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

it is ironic isnt it, that the mumbai attacks also happened on A Wednesday....

Unknown said...

also, i just saw in ur intro the mention of 'obsession list'. i'll never stop being freaked by how u quote me....its not even a good phrase

Garima Goswamy said...

well its not a bad phrase. u are indeed my friend philosopher guide. :) thats the point, it is better to give citation of real people than dead philosophers. well, death is really by default, all philosophers are normal people like you and me. i saw this other movie is out on moserbaer besides Wednesday called Mumbai Meri Jaan..with a rather interesting case, I wonder what that is about.